We were there on previous Sunday on 13th March and this is all about our experience at NYC, New York Cafe at Radisson Blu Plaza, Mahipalpur I was invited for the food tasting and review of their one of the restaurant i.e. NYC. Thanks to NYC Radisson!
It was sharp 1:10 in the afternoon and we were right there, earlier we got confusion as we have entered from its extreme left. We have to walk towards our right in the lobby towards the lounge and bar area. NYC is located extreme right opposite to its main entrance, just a couple of steps away from the reception area. We met energetic and pleasing PR Team. We exchanged greetings and they offered us to grab a center table, soon we were comfortably placed on my desired table in middle of restaurant.
Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
– Thomas Merton
NYC (New York Cafe)-Radisson
I came to know that the restaurant has a theme based cuisine and current theme of March is Mediterranean, along with Indian and Oriental cuisine as a consolidated fix. Lavish Buffet was laid in central position. The Dessert and fruits counter is placed right in front, Then as we went around the food setting, we came across salads, oriental cuisine, breads and soup, and the main course -Indian and Theme of the day. Right at the end there was a live station which was meant to take orders for the starters.
Of course, by this time I knew it was a lavish spread and even if I ate one spoon of everything, I could not manage to savor everything. In the first round, I was already tempted to some of the things that looked deliciously awesome. I was happy to discover that the theme for the day was Mediterranean and interestingly, I have taste for it.
We started with salads; my friend was busy in sorting some vegetarian salad whereas I was picking both veg and non-veg. I had sorted following salads:-
# Non Vegetarian Salads (Non Vegetarian, Picked 3 out of Seven Non vegetarian)
- Marinated Fish with grape fruit salsa: Very colorful and attractive,it was Sweet and Spicy tender and attractive fish with Grapefruit Salsa.
- Poached Egg on spinach with Olive & sundried tomato tapenade: A fully loaded with poached egg packs it with protein, wilted spinach, with iron and with drizzle of olive oil.
- Mixed Seafood Salad: Brimming with a combination of six types of fresh item and seafood, fully loaded with nutritious protein.
Vegetarian, Picked 4 out of Seven
- Watermelon, Feta, kalamata & mint salad: A very refreshing salad of summer, It was full of watermelon wedges, kalamata olives, chopped mint and crumbled feta.
- Grilled Zucchini with Feta cheese & olives, citrus salsa.
- Beetroot Salad with goat cheese, caramelized walnut, scallion & sumac.
- Mustard Marinated Mushroom with Apple Slaw.
While we were busy in tasting the salad and clicking pictures, PR Executive came to our table and politely asked us for some Mocktails and anything else beside the lavish buffet. We ordered couple of Virgin Mozito, My friend had taken a full round and was happy to see that the buffet had lots of vegetarian dishes. He was already sorted, gave orders for a Portion of Paneer Tikka, Pizza to live station and walked to the salads section and back to table. Meanwhile, we got the Mock tails.
- Virgin Mojito: It was cool and refreshing a perfect balance of Lemon and Mint and it was working as taste bud changer too
As we have chosen to walk to the Salad first and take some pictures before starting my meals.
At the Live station, there were more options like Hara Bhara Kebab, Pizzas and Paneer Tikka but he ordered for Pizza and Paneer Tikka and on the way filled my plate with the salads and greens. By this time, my friend was already doing work and I could see a couple of interesting things on our table already. The Small Pizza, called mini Pizzettes looked delectable and the cheese and small toppings looked absolutely inviting. I tasted one of each and I must say they rightly set my mood for the rest of the food.
# Live Station
- Mini Pizzettes, There were four topping Tomato, cheese and Basil, Grilled vegetables, chicken & Pepperoni salami with mini pizza. Beautiful Little Mini Pizzettes made with hummus, fresh vegetables and mozzarella cheese with topping of Tomato, cheese and Basil.
- Chakri Phool Ke Paneer Tikka: A juicy and delicious marinated paneer cubes grilled to perfection and then cooked in a light spicy gravy, was delicious in every bite assorted with mint chutney, it was beautifully decorated by lettuce, onion, green chilies
After having a fair amount of the starters and salad, I went on to serve myself some portions from the both Mediterranean & oriental cuisine one by one.
Mediterranean Cuisine, I picked following three out 13 lavish Mediterranean Display
- Moroccan Lamb Tagine with Cous Cous: It was simple but aromatic lamb tagline with authentic Moroccan flavour from a blend of aromatic spices such as turmeric, cumin, ginger, cardamom and cinnamon served with Moroccan Couscous which was decorated with hint of coriander.
- Egyptian Kafta Spiced Roasted Chicken: Full length leg piece Flavor-packed, succulent Mediterranean roast chicken, I can guarantee that it was authentic, juicy and delicious. Little tart flavors like the bracing, floral herb sumac, which is rubbed all over this juicy chicken and decorated by pomegranate.
- Grilled Lemon Garlic Prawns with tomato, mushroom & Pine nuts: It was the perfect appetizer. It was slowly cooked, those deep brown grill marks and charred spots were witnessing about its unique flavor. A perfectly tendered and juicy meat it was with hint of lemon.
Oriental Cuisine, I picked following three out 6 Oriental Display
- Vegetable Hakka Noodle: I loved the noodles it was simple and delicious and authentic.
- Chicken winglets in a chili tomato sauce with sesame: Spicy Honey chicken wings are very delicious cooked with chili sauce and with a hint of honey and sesame. The sweetness of the honey combines perfectly with the salty umami from the soy.
- Thai Red curry Fried rice: The wonderful thing about red curry fried rice, though, was that the rice actually soaks up all of this sauce so that every bite you take is infused with rich, spicy Red curry.
The entire above items were tempting. I placed a spoonful of each so that I may try all the items. While I was doing the non-vegetarian part and my friend was giving me his feedback for the sorted veg part. Anyways I always had the advantage of eating both. This time, my friend brought back some more salads and soup and crunchiest breads. Everything about these was good. The soup was interesting. It was aromatic and appearing good with hint of black pepper inside it which gave it a nice flavor. I relished the taste.
After this, my friend was craving for another drink, this time we have opted orange juice, and Indian dishes and even I went and brought back some Chicken Dum Biryani , Gobhi Methi ki Tehri, Bemisal chicken, Goan Chicken, Laal Maans, from Indian section. I must tell you that Chicken Dum Biryani was quite simple, less spicy. It was perfectly (dum) cooked to perfection. The taste of the chicken pieces and the rice and the meat was standing out differently. The chicken was juicy as it should be.
- Chicken Dum Biryani: it was plain simple, non spicy with juicy tendered chicken piece prepared with Basmati rice, with hint of Kesar.
- Gobhi Methi ki Tehri: it was a one pot scrumptious meal, an amazing and very simple dish it was. It was kind of Pulao It was wholesome and very balanced.
- Bemisal Chicken: I personally liked that dish- it is princely cuisine of the Nawabs of Avadh, smoothy spicy chicken pcs dipped in buttery aromatic tomato sauce with spicy flavour of onion.
- Goan Chicken: The authentic Red Goa Chicken Curry is a very spicy recipe with tender and Hint of curry leaves fortunately it was authentic Goan Chicken curry.
- Laal Maans: Well Known Rajasthan dish- I was thinking it would be fiery-hot but it was very balanced, perfect red in color, meat pieces were perfectly tendered and delicious too.
What I loved about the Mediterranean theme was that the food was too good and of course I got to eat Moroccan Lamb Tagine with Cous Cous. The Egyptian Kafta Spiced Roasted Chicken was attractive and appetizing. The Grilled Lemon Garlic Prawns with tomato, mushroom & Pine nuts looked both great and tempting.
Entire food that was appearing tempting at the food station, this lavish buffet spread has much to satisfy people of all ages and of all kinds of taste buds.
There were arrays of options in the dessert section. I was literally confused what to pick or not from lavish dessert section, after the confusion states I finally picked following 6 item from the dessert station.
- Cranberry Phyllo Triangles: A creamy cranberry sauce is tucked inside flaky phyllo dough.
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Tart: it was appearing small and ready to melt into your mouth with hint a cinnamon.
- Crema Catalana – Catalan Cream Custard : It is French Spanish mix dessert, with decorated with almond.
- Umm Ali – Egyptian version of Bread Pudding with nuts : was a delicious traditional Egyptian dessert it was balancing of combines the creaminess of bread pudding and hint of cinnamon and nut.
- Apple, Cherry & Cashew nut Brownie : I loved the brownie, flavors interspersed with the delightful crunch of cashew nuts and apple.
- Arroz Con Leche: – Spanish Rice Pudding another Spanish dessert : A thick and creamy rice pudding dessert with hint cinnamon flavor
Overall, we had a very great experience with all Environment, Ambience, and lavish Buffet. A Big Kudos for Team NYC Including chef and PR Team, I’m sure gonna for redigging again at this place
Thanks! My Rating is 5/5