Kennedy’s is 10 month old small joint, in B block, West patel Nagar- started by two friends ,Piyush Kennedy and Jinith Khorwal, intends to change chinese trend in local Market. It was initially conceptualised by Piyush and Jinith Khorwal joined in immediately after.
The duo found that while there was no famine of good Chinese food in his area, West Patel Nagar, it was only available at joints that also had delivery option with third party mobile app.
“We identified a gap in the local market, where there is no established delivery based Chinese and Shawarma eatery a that serves good, different at reasonable price points,” says Piyush, 24 old laws undergraduate from Delhi University.
Realising that they needed to create a something different in Chinese and Arabian delights, the startup decided to focus on delivering Chinese food with the option of ordering it online, via a zomato or a mobile app.
[email protected] Kennedy’s
Piyush says their vision for Kennedy’s is to make it a leading in Shawarma in second phase, he is working hard in order to fulfill his dream. The mission, he adds, is to provide exotic Arabian flavour with Indian taste bud packages in an innovative format, designed for convenient consumption on the go, in offices or at homes.
The food is freshly made as the orders are placed, and the flavours are standardised. “We ensure we put in tons of vegetables, and try to restrict the use of oil to the minimum required. We have been focusing on some hygiene issues,” says Piyush.
The dishes are priced between Rs 50 and Rs 150. The meals start at Rs 99, with a meal for two at Rs 400.
Traction & Growth
Kennedy’s currently claims to serve 50 to 60 delivery orders a day which is different from take away orders, of which 80 per cent are from existing customers. The food is prepared at their kitchen that supply to its outlets, which in turn deliver to customers in their assigned areas.
That has helped keep the costs down for the startup, and is among the first such operation in central zone especially in West Patel Nagar. Piyush says their strategy for growth is to make ordering for food so simple that it becomes a habit. We have been adding some complimentary item along with every meal pack.
They have designed their own delivery network with the help of Swiggy, Piyush is pursuing law from Delhi University and that’s why his presence is limited mostly in the evening.
“We have just tie-up just couple of day back with a leading Third Party delivery mobile app.” Piyush adds.
The startup is using third party app is directly connected with their kitchens and when an order comes in, the restaurant has to use third party delivery option. “Sometime in lack of delivery boys, I have to deliver some orders” Piyush adds.
Tried at their outlet
- Sunday Special- Egg Shawarma: It was perfectly prepared, and delicious too. “We have introduced a Everyday Special, and Egg Shawarma is part Sunday’s special menu” Piyush Says. Egg Shawarma is kind of Egg Burjhi was wrapped in Bread with assorted dips.
- Chicken Shawarma: its filling was good but excess of oil, however it was lip smacking and delicious, Piyush took it my criticism positively.
- Dahi Ke Sholey: My friend really liked it. I have not given to chance to taste as my friend already finished it.
- Creamy Chili chicken: Serendipity – Piyush Says “it was prepared by accidentally, one day his customer demanded a custom chili chicken and his team followed his indication and result into a creamy chili chicken”, It is mixture of extra cream with chili chicken, and his customer really liked their experiments.
- Drum of Heaven: That item didn’t impress me at all, I found quantity it was little bit sugary, but I am happy to report that quantity and quality was good.
- Butter chicken Pasta: it is again new experiment at their shop, pasta and chicken pcs were dipped in butter chicken gravy. It is highly recommended for all the people.
Overall I had good experience with Kennedy it is serving a lip smacking, love to do experiment, at very affordable price.